Sunday, October 5, 2014

More Than A Habit

Many of you know about my writing habit... and how it's sporadic and unfocused. I've spent the last ten years trying to find where my writing belongs, whether it's on a personal blog, blogging for others, writing articles, or even a book. And I finally have made it to the place where it's going to happen, all of it or none of it.


I've been working part time in a public elementary school. I had no plans to do this kind of work, but as it turns out I'm enjoying it, I'm good at it, and it pays enough to make it worth the time. Until this year my daughter has been a the same school, adding convenience to the list. And until this year, it's been a great place to work.It gives me a sense of purpose no matter what.

I've had the last two months to ponder my situation. It now really the time to quit, when we have thousands of dollars in medical bills from my husband's heart attack? Is now the time to push forward in my writing, rather than look for a job that can offer me more hours, and make a bigger dent in our debt? I've looked at it from all sides and with the constant and unwavering support of my husband, I've come to this: writing is what I want to do. It's what I've always wanted to do. It's what I'm going to do. So with great flourish and pomp, I'm coming out! I'm going to build a blog, write articles, and start the book that has been simmering in my mind. And for now, I'm going to keep working, if only to pay the bills - and for the experience, which may someday make for an excellent story!

No comments: